Friday, April 23, 2010

Sew Distracted (har har)

I finished Annie's rag doll just in time by Easter, and you'll be happy to know it was well received. And by "well received" I mean that she grabbed it, threw it on the floor, shook her head, and said, "No."

But that's ok. It turned out pretty cute, I think, for my foray into doll making. Nevermind the dress is too small, so it's gaping open in between the hook and eye closures. Kind of like a fancy hospital gown. At least I know I can do it.

I followed the pattern, but she didn't turn out just like the photo on the pattern. Nothing ever does, I think. The more I look at her, the more I wonder if those eyes are too far apart. As I told my dear friend, Kathleen, the poor girl looks like E.T. and Bjork's love child.

Aside from dollmaking, we've have some craziness at the homestead over the past several weeks (hence my bloggy absence), which now includes a new job for Jim and a move for all of us. My house is full of liquor boxes (for the move, of course, not because I've been drinking a lot...but maybe that would help??), I'm constantly wondering why we need 10-15 boxes of books that we never read, and I'm working furiously to get the house spiffied up and on the market.

Ok, maybe I stretched the truth a little on the last one. I'm actually making some Mother's Day gifts and a new crib skirt for A.'s new room. That's right. I'm doing everything that is absolutely necessary to do under these circumstances. Don't you think?
P.S. So sorry for that pun-alicious title. I truly, truly dislike the use of the word "sew" for "so" in an attempt to be clever. Because it's not. Which is precisely why I used it, because I've not a clever thought in my sleepy brain right now.

3 comments:

  1. I missed the pun entirely. To me it read as an imperative... but then maybe that would be, "Sew Distractedly" :)

    Wow, congratulations on the new job! Clearly your best option would be to move to Picayune and have Jim commute. It is surely less than a 3 hour drive, and I have heard they have some really really cool residents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean if we move back to Meridian we can't have both you and Mrs. Ouida as our neighbors? Are you moving out of town?
    And has A now fallen in love with her precious doll? (I, for one, am very impressed.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey hey, I am back online...and that would normally be followed by a hundred exclamation points, but for some reason it doesn't work on our old computer. We still don't have the computer back, so we made a go with the old one and HERE I AM, minus those exclamations which i am realizing how very much I use them. And I love your doll, and am also so impressed by your handiwork. U R 2 cool...

    ReplyDelete