Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Perhaps I'm Biased Now

Victory of victories, the project is done. Things I learned from this project:

1) When the instructions call for 1/2" wide bias tape, take the hint. 1/4" wide bias tape is unforgiving, and she'll taunt you and your inability to perfectly encase your raw edges within her teensy tininess. A few areas had to be sewn by hand, because my unsteady machine hand totally missed the mark.

2) Anything made with fabric that features pink stripes and rosebuds is doggone adorable. I mean, at any moment I expected Laura Ingalls to just POOF! materialize in my sewing room and say, "That sure is pretty, Ma!" And then she and I and her freckles would frolic gleefully around the room.

3) You shouldn't really write a list of things you learned about a project when you only really learned two things, because it's kind of pointless.

4) Sorry about that.

I think my niece will be pleased. And I'm thinking maybe I could fashion one of these for myself. Maybe I'll make mine from oilcloth so I can put an icy cold adult beverage in there. Cheers, Ma!

1 comment:

  1. That is so, so cute. I love it! I have yet to sew with bias tape either, well not either cause you have now! And I do love that fabric, I am going to buy some soon if they have any left at Joann's. Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete