Friday, November 5, 2010

"Have you seen my centerpiece? It's terrifying."

The Pottery Barn December 2010 catalog arrived. For me it brings the same level of excitement that looking at the Sears Christmas catalog did as a child, except that there's no risk that I'll stumble upon a picture of men wearing creepy NFL long johns. (Was it absolutely necessary to have the men's underwear section of that catalog that close to the toy section?)

Well, I've made my "must have" list, and I'm definitely buying these as quickly as possible. Because I know there will be nothing finer than the moment when the wax of their little cute heads inevitably melts and it looks like there are four headless woodland creatures, fluffy stumps afire, threatening the peace and tranquility of your holiday tablescape.


Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Pottery Barn stuff is just for LOOKS, duh! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read your postings I laugh out loud. I feel so much better knowing that there is someone else as twisted as I am. I think the owl saw the guys in the longjohns too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on, Jennifer--where else would you suggest one put the wick?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've already ordered some. Two sets, actually, so we can extend the pain through the New Year.

    ReplyDelete