Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Moving right along...

If you need to know something about Jim and Jennifer, it's this: We love God, family, and friends above anything else. If you need to know something ridiculous about Jim and Jennifer, it's this: We will be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary tomorrow, and, as of June, we will have lived in 6 different places. No, Jim's not in the military. No, we are not running from the law, although that does sound pretty exciting about now. Of course, there was a 5 year stretch where we stayed in one place. (Feel free to take a minute to run the numbers on all of that and let the magnitude of it sink in.) Once we move to our new house in June, we will have moved 3 times in one 12 month period.

So why all of this useless information you ask? In the spirit of our approaching anniversary, I'd like to use this information to speak to those unmarried souls who say, "I'll never get married, because married life is too boring." Bwah-hah-ha. The past 8 years have been a whirlwind, I tell you. The past 3 have been downright ridiculous. I keep waiting for the day when Jim and I will kick back in some unattractive, puffy chenille La-Z-Boy recliners, look at each other, and say things like "Momma, you done good" or "Daddy, you want more co-cola?"

But right now it's more excitement that I think any one person can handle...so thank goodness there are two of us.

Happy Anniversary, You.

2 comments:

  1. happy anniversary! I was so happy to see Bebe Doux at the top of my blog roll. Eight years, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heather rose lacosteMay 11, 2011 at 4:38 PM

    Happy Anniversary! I've only had a couple of opportunities to read your blog but it looks as though brilliant writing doesn't fall far from the tree. Needless to say, I've enjoyed it every time. Y'all are both so dang talented! Miss you and hope today is wonderful! ;)

    ReplyDelete